Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Safety First!!

So ...... I have come to the conclusion that comparing Rafe's toddler years to Stella Ross's toddler years is like comparing apples to oranges. You just can't! I expected to have a wild, adventurous, crawling on the table little boy... but I didn't. I have a wild, adventurous, crawling out of her bed little girl. Rafe NEVER attempted to crawl out of his crib and, quite frankly, would probably still sleep in his crib if we would let him. He loved his bed. Stella Ross, however, loves to sleep in her bed but the minute she wakes up she is screaming, "I want to get out!!" I have heard about, read about, seen crib tents but I honestly thought we were past that. Stella Ross is 2 now. If she hasn't tried to climb out by now she won't. WRONG! Here is the story:

We had a wonderful 2 bedroom condo while we were in Disney World that we shared with my parents. The only disadvantage (or advantage in this case!) was all 4 of us sleeping in the same room. Stella Ross slept great in her pack-n-play for 2 nights, but things quickly changed on the third night. I don't know what woke her up but I know what woke me up at 2:00 in the morning, Stella Ross opening up the bedroom door and walking into the kitchen. I was so out of it that it really didn't hit me for a few seconds and then I was completely freaked out! How did she get out, did she get hurt, is she going to do it again? I wasn't the only one scared. Stella Ross did not want to get back in her bed and slept the rest of the night with me. (something she has never done) She did sleep the last two nights in her bed, but I woke up every hour checking to make sure she was still in there. Needless to say I couldn't get to Buy Buy Baby fast enough to buy this..


I will sleep better tonight! AHHHHH!

No comments: