Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

So Sweet!


Rafe and I were reading a very sweet book called "I Already Know I Love You" today. My dad gave this to me when I was pregnant with Rafe and it has always been very special to me. I talked to Rafe about how much I loved him before I even met him and we talked about how much we already love the baby. After I finished the book Rafe grabbed it out of my hand and ran off with it. When he came back I asked him what he did with it and he said, " I wanted to leave it in the baby's room so we can read it to "him" when he is born." How sweet is that?
I know it will be a VERY big transition for Rafe when the baby is born, but to say that he is EXCITED about being a big brother is an understatement. He talks about the baby all day, every day. He asked every morning if it is ready to come out yet. He tells strangers we see out that I have a baby in my belly and will even lift up my shirt to "prove it" to them!! He has already started gathering up things that he sees (old toys, pacifiers, etc.) and putting them in the baby's room. The other day we were talking about the possibility of a boy or a girl and Rafe said, "I don't care if I have a brother or a sister. I just want a baby." I am excited beyond words for this baby, not just for Cory and me, but for Rafe. He has waited a LONG time for this and I am really looking forward to seeing him in the "big brother" role. I know he will be GREAT at it.

1 comment:

The Gaymons said...

So, so precious! My dad has that book, too. I mean, really...rip my heart out! Hope that you are feeling well.