Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why is this happening so fast?

I don't know what is wrong with me these days but I am having a VERY hard time accepting the fact that my BABY is about to start kindergarten. I don't know if it is because school is about out for the summer, and I know the next time the bell rings my baby will be there, or the fact that he is turning into such a BIG boy right before my eyes. In the past month Rafe has "graduated" from preschool, received his last "T-Ball" trophy, started flying (not riding) on his bike without the training wheels, taken a HUGE interest in writing and reading very hard books all by himself. Where has the time gone? I look back at his baby pictures and feel like it was just yesterday I was giving him rice cereal for the first time like I am with Stella Ross. I guess before long I will be writing the same things about her. In the meantime I am just going to enjoy this summer with my "baby" before he leaves me for school every day next year. I better get stocked up on boxes of tissue!!

1st Birthday

2nd Birthday

3rd Birthday (noticing a theme with the icing?!)

4th birthday

5th birthday

My wish for Rafe is that he goes into this next chapter of his life with the "superhero" attitude of conquering anything he puts his mind to. I love you, Rafe.
Mommy

No comments: