Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Rafe's Birthday!


What a GREAT day we had yesterday on Rafe's 4th birthday. Who would have thought, but I actually had to wake Rafe up to open presents!? He was SO excited to see all of the balloons and decorations in the house. He immediately tore into his presents and started playing. Next we picked Gram up for doughnuts before school. I told Rafe we would make anything he wanted for his special treat at school and he chose Superheroes popsicles!

Now for the funny story of the day: Gram and I went back to Rafe's school for his birthday party. I read a very cute book, If You Give A Moose A Muffin, to his class. While I was reading I asked the children if they knew what "jam" was? (I totally set myself up for this!) Rafe immediately said, "toe jam!" I could have crawled under a chair! I did not know what to do. Luckily a little girl chimed in and said, "My grandmother said jam was jelly." We left it at that. That was CLASSIC Rafe!

After school we went to the mall to Build-A-Bear. We had a wonderful time building a pirate turtle on skates! Rafe pulled it all over the mall! We ate lunch there, (Rafe had his favorite, "sawcheez pizza") and picked up his big chocolate chip cookie.

Last night Rafe had a soccer game (if you call it that!). Once again Rafe had a great time cheering on his team and finding every excuse he could not to set foot on the field. After soccer we went to Moe's and then back to our house where his grandparents came to have cookie and ice cream and, of course, more gifts.

Needless to say we were all exhausted after such a busy day, but I would not have changed any of it. It was so nice to be able to celebrate Rafe's special day with our family. We had not done that since he was one! We are so happy to be living close again.

Now Rafe is gearing up for a busy weekend. He is going to the USC football game tomorrow and then his birthday party with friends is Sunday. We are looking forward to all of it!

No comments: