Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dear Santa .....

Rafe and I had such a fun morning yesterday. First we went to Krispy Kreme for a Snowman Doughnut. Of course, that was not enough for Rafe. He HAD to have one of their famous "Hot Doughnuts" before we could leave. This boy loves his doughnuts!




Next we went to the mall to visit with Santa. Can I just tell you what I had to go through to get him to talk to Santa. He has not wanted to "sit on his lap" at ALL this year. Every time I mention going to see Santa he just replies, "I'm not into Santa!" What???? I sure hope Santa didn't hear him say that. Rafe thinks that he can just yell out what he wants for Christmas and tell our elf, Fle, what he wants and that will be enough. However, this mommy really wanted a picture so I forced him into going. He was SO nervous when we were standing in line, and as you can tell by the look on his face he was not the happiest little boy while he was talking to him either. But, after he got it over with he walked away so confidently and with the cutest face said, "I'm into Santa now!" Too funny! I'm glad, because I am too.


Look how nervous he is!

Next we went to Build-A-Bear to build an Alvin from the Chipmunks. Rafe has really wanted this and can't wait for the new movie to come out. This was a lot of fun.



Last night was the highlight of our day. We went with Pop and Gram to Hollywild Zoo to see the lights. The men of our family complained the whole way there and could not have had more fun once we got there. You get to buy animal food and ride through an open field FULL of deer, horses, bulls, buffalo, zebras, an ostrich, donkey and other animals. To say these animals are not afraid of cars would be an understatement. The ostrich tried to kiss Rafe and he rolled the window up just in time to avoid it. The horse would not move out of our way. We had to sit and wait on him to find another car before we could drive off. Next we got out at the animal farm, but it was SO cold that we had to run from one area to another. Rafe was not ready to leave, but the adults with him were. I have never seen Rafe have so much fun. Pop has promised him a return trip. He is looking forward to doing it again!!



You cannot see it, but the bull was right behind Rafe


P.S. - Stella Ross update. I went to the doctor on Monday and she is just not quite ready to come out. So right now I am scheduled to go back to the doctor Monday and go in for an induction on Tuesday, December 22. I am just nervous about this since I had a two-day induction with Rafe and do NOT want to be there for Christmas. I know this is all completely out of my hands and I only want what is best for Stella Ross. Santa will be coming regardless! Please pray for us during these next few days. I will update with any changes!!

No comments: