Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fatherly Love

So, Rafe is the absolute BEST at stalling to get into bed every night. He comes up with excuse after excuse to get out of being tucked in. Once we finally leave his room we know we will see him again in about 5 minutes. It really is quite funny. Every night he gets out of bed for various reasons: trimming his fingernails (something he hates to have done any other time!), needing to tell us "just one more thing!" or to tell us how much he loves us. I mean how could we really get upset at that??!! One night this week I heard Rafe's door open so I met him on the stairs. I said, "What's wrong buddy?" and he replied that he needed to tell me something. He said, "I was just wondering? When can we go back to S&S?" I mean he must have really been DESPERATE to get out of bed!!

Tonight after tucking Rafe into bed we heard his little feet tip-toeing down the steps a few minutes later. Cory met him at the stairs and took him back to bed. When he was leaving his room again Cory said to Rafe, "You know how much I love you right? Always remember how much Daddy loves you. You're my boy." Rafe so lovingly replied, "Well, your breath stinks!" How sweet is that!?

No comments: