Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthday Surprise

Waiting for his surprise!

Rafe said, "OH, MY GOODNESS!"

The happy dance


The happy boy!




Rafe received an early birthday present from Pop, Gram, Nana, and Papa yesterday - a play set! It was really hard to keep it a surprise. Rafe and I ran errands all morning while they were putting it together and I kept the blinds in our house closed (which I NEVER do!) After Rafe's nap the swing set was complete. I made him go outside and close his eyes. Before he saw it I asked him what he thought his surprise might be. Rafe enthusiastically said, "Is it a cat?" Unfortunately it was not a cat, but I don't think he was disappointed. He started jumping up and down and of course ran straight to the glider swing. That is all he really wanted. As if we don't get up early enough in the mornings, Rafe was out swinging this morning at 6:15. I was prepared for that!!
Thank you Pop, Gram, Nana and Papa for the wonderful gift. He absolutely loves it!

2 comments:

The Pettigrew's said...

Oh I like that. I love the pictures. He is so cute. I am sure he will be on it all the time.

lauren said...

so happy he loved it...i can so see him up at 6:15am ready to swing :) caroline hopes she can come glide with him soon!!