Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Final Game!

Rafe is really listening to the pre-game drill!





Monday night was Rafe's final soccer game. It was a little more special for Rafe because his daddy helped coach. I did not know if that would be a good or a bad thing, but Rafe absolutely LOVED it! He was so proud to have his Daddy on the field with him. I worried that Rafe would just want to be wherever Cory was, but he ran around and did exactly what he was supposed to do. Now Rafe is expecting Cory to coach him in everything else he does!!

I know the soccer season was a little bit shorter for Rafe than it was for his teammates (he "warmed-up" the first 2 months!) but I have never been more proud of him. The move from Charleston to Greer has been SO MUCH harder on Rafe than I could have ever imagined. I am just now starting to feel like I have my little boy back. He is now getting comfortable with new friends and gaining the confidence he needs to try new things. I did not expect Rafe to go out on the field and play like David Beckham. I just wanted him to try something new and have fun. He finally did that!

CONGRATULATIONS, Rafe, on a wonderful soccer season. I am so proud of you.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: