Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The BIG day! - Rafe's first day of Kindergarten

Well, my BABY has officially started school. Rafe's "first day of school" was a two-day affair. Monday, the first day, was technically an orientation. Rafe only had to stay an hour. The assistant did an activity with the children while the teacher talked to the parents about the upcoming year. I thought this was such a wonderful idea. It got Rafe into the classroom to figure out what it was all about and it gave Cory and me a better idea of what to expect during the year. PLUS my little buddy got to come home with me and that made us both happy! This morning was his first day of "all day" kindergarten. He was so excited and knew exactly what to do when we got to school. (I even had to make him tell my bye!)
It is with a very heavy heart that I move into to this new chapter in Rafe's life. I know he will have a great year and I will be right there with him to cheer him on!

Rafe showing off his first day prize. Stella Ross
is so thrilled for him!

A very excited school boy!

Rafe and his buddy, Landon

My BIG boy :(



No comments: